Board of Election sources indicate that on Tuesday, they will be voting on a new re-districting plan for Lucas County. This will effect where you vote, and possibly who you vote for.
There is a huge redistricting taking place in the suburban districts. The Board will be voting on this Tuesday. If the board does not pass this on Tuesday the redistricting will not happen. Toledo redistricting will not take place until after the 2018 primary.
The new plan may include the following:
- Jerusalem going from 3 to 2 precincts. #3 merging with #2 and part of #2 will merge with #1
- Maumee is going from 12 to 9 precincts – precincts being effected 1, 2, 3, 5
- Oregon is going from 17 to 13 precincts – precincts being effected 4, 6, 14, 17
- Oregon 6 merging with 7 & 9
- Ottawa Hills going from 4 to 3 precincts, 4 merging with 1, 2 and 3
- Spencer Twp going from 2 to 1 precinct
- Springfield Twp going from 19 to 16 precinct, merging 8, 11 and 18 with others
- Sylvania City and Twp being reduced
The Precinct Map will be changed (2015 MAP)
Complete details of the re-districting will be presented at the Lucas County Board of Elections meeting on Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 at 10 a.m. This and other important items are on the agenda. Stop by and meet the new Republican Board member, David Karmol. We sincerely believe there won’t be any text messaging going on at this meeting. (CLICK HERE FOR AGENDA)